- Of Counsel
Veda V. Thames Cherry has been practicing law for twenty years. Veda received her Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from Tougaloo College in Tougaloo, Mississippi, and her Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree from the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, Georgia. Following her undergraduate studies, Veda went on to obtain her Juris Doctor from The George Washington School of Law in Washington, D.C.
Veda has extensive technical experience and expertise in litigation. Prior to joining the Crowther Law Firm family, she worked for The Institute of Paper Science & Technology and Jones & Askew. Veda is a registered U.S. Patent Attorney and holds memberships with the State Bar of Georgia and Atlanta Bar Association.
Veda is happily married to Chris Cherry, Esq., and they have two beautiful children.
Areas Of Practice
Certified Legal Specialties
- Registered U.S. Patent Attorney
- Georgia, 1995
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- George Washington University National Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1995
- The Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
- B.S., Electrical Engineering - 1991
- Tougaloo College, Tougaloo, Mississippi
- B.S., Physics - 1989
- Honors: magna cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia State Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Cherry & Cherry, LLC, Managing Partner, 2005 to 2007
- The Institute of Paper Science and Technology, Inc., General and Patent Counsel, 1998 to 2004
- Jones & Askew, Associate, 1995 to 1998
- George Washington University, Research Assistant to Professor James P. Chandler, 1993 to 1993
- The Institute of Paper Science and Technology, Inc., Engineering Technician III, 1992 to 1992
Contact the Firm
Crowther Law Firm welcomes the newest pieces in our puzzle.